The N-Squared Advanced Call Distribution software allows traditional CAMEL Mobile Switching Centers (MSCs) and INAP Service Switching Points (SSPs) to perform toll-free service logic governed by call flow control which has been designed using a graphical flow definition.
A flow definition is call-treatment logic specific to each individual dialled toll-free destination number. The flow definition may be a direct number translation, or may involve arbitrary complex routing decisions based on:
- The calling number or caller location,
- The time of day, day of week, or holiday occurrence,
- Audio announcements and user DTMF input,
- Hunting lists, backup numbers, and exception handling,
This is a specific implementation of the more general concept of an INAP Service Control Point (SCP) or a SIP Application Server (AS).
N2ACD Logical Components
N2ACD has several core logical components:
- The Graphical User Interface (GUI): for editing flows and performing administrative actions.
- The API endpoint(s) for performing administrative actions on platform-wide data.
- The runtime services engine (SVC) for call control using the N2SVCD platform.
- The Database (DB): persistent data storage for core ACD data.
- The Local Database (LDB): runtime scratch storage for ACD processing.
Each of these components can have multiple instances in a given deployment in order to provide service continuity or meet performance targets. They also may be installed separately or co-hosted with any other component. However, at least one instance of each core component is required for the N2ACD system as a whole to function.
In addition to the core items, N2ACD provides optional components:
- The Reporting Engine Platform (REP): an aggregation point for records and statistics.
- The Reporting Engine Database (RDB): persistent data storage for reporting data.
- Migration Tools (MIG): tools for importing data into the ACD platform.
These optional components are not mandatory and can be used as required. As for the core components, they may either be installed standalone or alongside other N2ACD components.
In order to provide its logical components, several packages are available:
||GUI||Provides the flow editing and administrative GUIs.|
||API||Provides provisioning API endpoints.|
||SVC||Enables runtime call processing.|
||DB||Provides the core ACD database schema.|
||LDB||Provides the runtime ACD scratch database schema.|
||REP||Provides reporting API and storage endpoints.|
||RDB||Provides the reporting database schema.|
||MIG||Tools for migrating data into the N2ACD platform.|
Installation instructions are provided for all N2ACD package types.
The root directory for all N2ACD package is
/usr/share/n2acd. Some packages may install additional
files in other locations; these are called out explicitly in individual installation instructions.