The N-Squared Service Daemon is a general purpose package providing the run-time message-passing service for various different N-Squared solutions, including the following N-Squared software products:
- n2int - N-Squared IN Tester
- n2srp - N-Squared SIP SRP (Specialized Resource Platform, or SIP IVR)
- n2tf - N-Squared Toll-Free SCP
- n2pip - N-Squared PI Plus (Scripted Multi-Protocol Provisioning Interface)
- n2smd - N-Squared Self-Management Director (Self-Management via USSD & SMS)
This Technical Guide describes the installation and configuration of the N-Squared N2SVCD Service Dameon.
The N2SVCD consists of a message-passing layer, and an extensible Application framework, which is used by the individual N2SVCD "Applications".
There are two applications which exist purely for system administration purposes:
- WatchdogApp - Control shutdown process, and perform heartbeats. This is a mandatory application.
- ManageApp - View and manage other running applications. This is not mandatory, but is recommended.
Most Applications included in this base package are "Helper Applications" - i.e. client interfaces to external server interfaces for a particular protocol.
- SigtranApp - Agent for delivery of TCAP over SIGTRAN (SUA, M3UA, Loopback).
- DiameterApp - Agent for sending DIAMETER requests to DIAMETER servers.
- SMPPApp - Agent for sending/receiving SMPP requests (both Client and Server modes).
- DBApp - Agent for sending asynchronous Database requests.
- FTPApp - Agent for performing simple FTP file push/pull from an FTP server.
- OSDApp - Agent for sending SOAP requests to the OC3C/OCNCC OSD service.
- PIApp - Agent for sending requests in the MML protocol variant used by the OC3C/OCNCC PI.
- FoxApp - Agent for sending requests to OCNCC VWS nodes using the OCNCC proprietary FOX protocol.
- ENUMApp - Agent for sending requests to NetNumber ENUM API over SOAP.
- HSSApp - Agent for sending requests to Huawei HSS API over MML..
The TesterApp is slightly different, it is a "Service Application" which interacts with many of the above "Helper Applications" to implement complex testing services:
- TesterApp - Executes the test scripts created by the IN Tester GUI.
The configuration for all of the above applications is described in this Technical Guide (see the relevant item under the N2SVCD Config menu).
Other Service Applications are packaged in separate modules, such as the PiPlusApp, the TollFreeApp, the SrpApp, and so on. These are offered as separate products, and are documented separately with the relevant product material.
TesterApp JSON-RPC Interface
This Technical Guide also contains the detailed Specification for the JSON-RPC Test Execution Interface provided by the TesterApp. The JSON-RPC Test Management interface is how the IN Tester GUI initiates test execution requests and queries in-progress test executions. External agents may use this interface to perform their own test execution directly, bypassing the IN Tester GUI.